Here are a few quick steps to set up a node.js development environment on Windows:
- Install WebMatrix: http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/
- Install node.js: https://github.com/tjanczuk/node/downloads
- Install iisnode for IIS Express (choose x86 even on 64 bit systems): https://github.com/tjanczuk/iisnode/downloads
- Install Steve’s node.js templates for WebMatrix: https://github.com/SteveSanderson/Node.js-Site-Templates-for-WebMatrix/downloads
- Open WebMatrix, choose “Site from folder”, enter %localappdata%\iisnode\www, start the site, and play with the iisnode samples, or
- Use node.js templates to get started quickly with an Express application or a skeleton Hello World
For more information and howtos check out my recent posts and visit http://github.com/tjanczuk/iisnode.
I hope you like it and I am looking for your comments and suggestions. Please report any issues at https://github.com/tjanczuk/iisnode/issues.